Kent State University 2012-2014
M.A in Journalism and Communication with a concentration in Public Relations GPA: 4.0
Virginia Commonwealth University 2009-2012
B.A. Mass Communications with a concentration in Public Relations GPA: 3.75
Minor: General Business
Junior Account Executive at Factory PR [December 2015-present]
New York, NY
- Produced weekly, bi-weekly and monthly press reports for clients, documenting press notes, placements, sample trafficking and upcoming editorial credits
- Created mailings to pitch seasonal stories, celebrity product placements and look books to fashion editors, weekly magazine editors, fashion websites and blogs
- Secured strategic press coverage in national and key regional magazines, newspapers, and online media outlets.
- Maintained media lists of bloggers, stylists, media contacts, and celebrity agents based on clients needs.
- Support PR Manager in day-to-day media pitching, account management, and scheduling.
- Current accounts Betsey Johnson, HUE, and Wisewear.
PR Assistant at Factory PR [February 2015-December 2015]
New York, NY
- Accounts: Betsey Johnson, Nour Jensen, HUE, BARE, Handbag Butler, Guess and Trina Turk handbags.
- Managed client samples by tracking inventory to and from media outlets, celebrity stylists, and marketing events.
- Calculated ad and press values to communicate the value of press placements to clients
- Compiled weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that monitored day-to-day efforts to secure placements and achieve campaign goals.
- Created creative press materials for pitching, editor gifting and press engagement activities.
- Experienced in managing budgets through meticulous record and spreadsheet management.
- Managed interns to regulate teamwork loads and responsibilities.
Assistant Publicist at Beautiful Planning Marketing and PR [September 2014- February 2015]
New York, NY
- Created media lists of bloggers, stylists, media contacts, and celebrity agents based on clients needs.
- Conducted media calls to pitch stories and encourage product pulls for fashion editorial spreads.
- Composed press releases on client developments, product launches, and events.
- Secured media and celebrity product placements through pitching to media, desk-sides, and follow up communication, building valuable long term working relationships.
- Managed and assisted Interns in their professional growth and daily operations.
- Assisted in the planning and execution of events for clients.
- Conducted media monitoring and create reports based on findings.
- Implemented keyword integration within press releases to improve SEO.
- Managed scheduling and other administrative duties like office management
Performing Arts Box Office Graduate Assistant [August 2013-May 2014]
- Supervised the operations of a 17+ person staff for the Performing Arts Box Office.
- Served as Social Media Manager and creator for the Box Office’s social media channels: Twitter and Facebook. Duties included planning, research, and interaction.
- Served as manager in charge during main stage performances for the School of Theatre and Dance as well as The School of Music.
- Assisted with planning, seating, ticketing, and execution of Kent State’s School of Fashion annual Fashion show.
- Attended and assisted with planning and conducting monthly staff meetings.
Test Proctor for the Business Administration Computing Lab [September 2012- May 2013]
- Served as a test proctor for the School of Business.
- Administered and monitored scheduled computerized tests and exams.
- Assisted students with troubleshooting and responded to student inquiries on the computer lab.
- Interacted and informed faculty on testing policies and procedures.
Communications Intern for the Department of Defense [June 2012- August 2013]
Cleared for Top-secret information and granted access to Sensitive Compartmented Information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation completed July 2011.
- Assisted and accompanied DIA liaisons to the U.S. Capitol for Intelligence briefings and presentations.
- Composed a news story for the agency’s internal website, read by the agency’s internal audience.
- Reviewed and processed FOIA requests for the Congressional Affairs team of DIA
- Assisted in production of the High Density Drivers Training video for internal communication under the office of Congressional and Public Affairs.
- Reviewed and edited Intelligence Information Reports in preparation for release to foreign partners.
- Edited over 100 Intelligence Information Reports from countries around the world for training purposes.
Relevant Master’s Coursework
- Qualitative Research and Data Collection
- Experienced with conducting and analyzing qualitative research studies including primary and secondary research.
- Experienced in obtaining IRB approval to conduct several research methods.
- Planned and orchestrated a focus group, semi-structured interviews, and participant observation.
- Public Relations Online Tactics
- Maintained a successful blog and interacted with noteworthy professionals in the field
- Social Media and Public Relations Media Relations and Publicity
- Strategic Writing and Messaging
- Global Advertising and Public Relations (Study Abroad, London)
- Public Relations Management
- Cision, Basecamp, Fashion Monitor, Celebrity Intelligence, Benchmark mail, and Harvest platforms
- Mac OS X platform (iPhoto, iMovie, Garage Band, some Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft suite)
- Extensive knowledge on PR and Marketing strategies for various social networking sites such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Foursquare, WordPress, Pinterest, Tumblr, Hootsuite, Youtube, Vimeo, and Vine
- Experienced at blogging, the creation of podcasts, social bookmarking, social media monitoring, and search engine optimization.
Visit my Linkedin profile for more detail and connection to my networks.